In north central Texas where I live, summer overnighters are much tougher than those in winter. But they must not be left undone. Here’s a summary of this one…
- Blazing hot departure
- Arrival after sundown soaked in sweat
- Some kind of cattle operation at a nearby ranch resulted in bellowing cows until late in the dark, moonless night
- A grey, windless morning
- Trailside breakfast and a hilltop view
- Would it rain? Yes.
- Clouds and light rain kept the heat away…yay!
- Sleep was lacking, but it was SO worth it
- Another micro-tour success