Some people enjoy listening to music while bicycling. So do I.
- steady rhythm of breathing
- bird song melody
- castanet clatter of cicadas
- snap, crackle, pop of tires on gravel
- hot tar stickiness of tires on a pavement
- rattling, swishing of leaves in trees
- throaty bass of an idling tractor
- orchestral complexity of every sound together
- steady roar like a never ending wave crash
- hat band ends and shirt sleeves snapping and popping like a cracking bullwhip
- and almost nothing else
I don’t bring it with me. I don’t wire it to my ears. It’s out there, and I ride right through it.